Followers

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Manchester Bombing

I used to live ten minutes walk from where a terrorist killed himself and twenty two others, many of which were kids. This not to mention all the injured. Terrorists attacks are a hideously bad thing no matter what is going on but to target a concert which is really only going to appeal to kids and young girls, to me that is a new low.
I went through two bombings in the city when I lived in the area and was mercifully nowhere near what was going on either time. The arena where it happened was a place I used to go every few months at one point and the railway station it is part built on top of, well I used to use that station every working day so I guess  I have been within fifty meters of the spot well over a thousand times. A friend of mine who passed a few years ago used to have a flat in a block adjacent to the arena.

Although it has been a few years since I lived in the city there is a part of me that calls this place home. This event has deeply saddened me in a year that has not been full of a lot of high points.

No comments:

Post a Comment