Followers

Thursday 25 October 2018

It's My Birthday

I frequently talk about Dave Gorman when it's my Birthday and his view on whether or not you get presents or gifts and this year I am happy to say it has been a lot Osprey published gifts. What do I mean by the difference between presents and gifts?
Possibly the most disturbing picture of all time
We have all had gifts, the perennial favorites seem to be socks and scarves. Gifts are usually something that you might use. Or Maybe not. Socks and scarves are the epitome of gifts. I mean who doesn't need a few more socks and a scarf on cold days? I have a set of shot glasses somewhere that were a gift. They are still in their original box, unopened, which is currently in another box, in another box in the attic. Gifts are not fun, they lack imagination and are usually given out of a sense of duty with the easiest thing be brought.

Presents are something special. People have gone to an effort to find something that you like, even if it's just asking you what you want. This even applies to things that make you go WTF? They were brought because someone knows you, often better than you know yourself. They buy something because they know it will make you happy. There is a thought process in there somewhere.

So today I am feeling more than a little bit blessed.

Oddly zombies feature pretty highly. I like zombies. The fact that other people know that I like zombies might not be a surprise. I even got some miniatures. What more could a guy ask for? Well Osprey books is always a good one and then there were a few other books too. I even got some Star Wars lego.  What a day.

I am hoping that my dry patch is over now. Maybe there won't be another Three Months Gone post in January. Now have a few books to review and maybe even play the odd game. What I would really like to be doing is a work bench update like this one but I don't currently have a bench to work on. Maybe that needs to change.

7 comments: