Followers

Thursday 16 February 2017

Fast Cars

I have spent what little time I have had today cleaning the plastic police cars I got the other day. I now have a few more packs of them (five instead of one). There are two different cars, a four door pickup and a two door pickup. The plan is still to turn a few of them into wrecks and maybe modify a couple. Wrecks are always useful and the X-Com game and any prospect of a post-apocalypse game would find them useful.

I can see me putting a back in one of the sporty cars and a pickup truck and replacing the non-existent window. I am thinking about putting a box cab on the back of one of the pickups. When they are painted, I can put a bit of variety in the beds of the trucks. I have some spray paint but the plan is to get some more. Do a bit of highlighting on the seating and pick out some details, like lights an licence plates on the car bodies.

I have fancied doing a car wars type game for a very long time. The thought occurs that I can put some magnets in them for attaching weapons to the vehicles in the future. This might be a bit over the top but it would future proof them.  This might be a bit further down the line.

I have also managed to get hold of some more of the trucks. The ones with the skip is probably going to lose the skips. The vehicle cost £1 and I can't find a 28mm skip for sale for less than £3. I will keep one as a skip transport, without the skip. I can see a stretched body with a flatbed or a container. The last one will end up as a wreck.

Still it's half term next week. Hopefully this means that I will have a bit more time on my hands and I will be a little less shagged out so I might get a bit more done. I might have to work harder at getting them cleaned up as the glue is pretty robust.

The blog is doing okay. I have a managed a daily post for almost two months. The blog seems to be booming. Although there is a chunk of stuff I don't understand like random referring sites and a lot of Russian hits, traffic does seem to be up.



2 comments:

  1. All good stuff F.

    I'd noticed a lot of e-traffic from Russia lately, just put it down to Mr Putin using my site as a cyber-terrorist lilypad site. Looks I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not getting a huge amount of traffic but it is giving me a sizable bump. Maybe there are a lot of gamers in the Kremlin?

      Delete