Followers

Sunday 14 January 2018

Fantasy Necromancer Miniatures Are Fun

Fantasy miniatures are still my thing this week and this Necromancer, I call him Vetis Bane, is a pivotal character in the legends that hold my dark age fantasy world together. I have talked about the miniatures and the ideas behind in a few places on the blog already, such as here and there. Given that things have been a little slow this evening, I have had a chance to get some stuff done as well as some time away with friends. Note To Self: This was a very good weekend.
So I am still largely working with inks, certainly for the main blocks of colour. Obviously, some of the details have to have some colour before they get a wash. One of the reasons is that the palette of colours that I have in ink is pretty limited and I find it difficult to mix them together consistently. The effect on the clothing isn't half bad. There is still a bit of work to do on them but as it has been a busy week, I suspect that these three will be the only ones  to get fully finished this week.

The figures are almost all Northstar apart from the most human head, which is Westwind. I think I am right in say that all the Northstar parts come from the Cultist box. It seemed the most obvious choice for the parts as it covers all the bases when it comes to poses and states of decomposition although possible some GW parts would have been okay as well.

My posts have been a bit thinner on the ground this month. Whilst I was managing a post a day almost all year (and on aggregate, more than that for the year) January is proving to be a very busy month. I am not sure how and why that is, apart from the exercise but it is proving to be fun

No comments:

Post a Comment