Followers

Friday 31 March 2017

Taking Your Hobby Too Far

It is possible to take things too far. I like my models in scale. Somehow over the years I have become deeply suspicious of anyone who is in the reenactment side of things. I can just about cope with the idea of the English Civil War reenactors. When it gets to American Civil War reenactors (in the UK at least, I am sure that in the USA ACW reenactment it's fairly normal, ish). What I found the most odd of all is the World War 2 reenactors. I went to Tankfest a few years ago. There was much less than a platoon of British reenactors. There were about a platoon of Americans (made up of infantry and marines). It was the number of German reenactors that came as a shock. There was almost a company of them. There were a few SS reenactors that I have seen at other shows to. This just seems wrong.

Anyway someone brought this to my attention. I know it might be a little out of date but I thought it was funny. But speaking of collecting, but in one to one scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment