Followers

Saturday 16 March 2019

Elemental

Although my painting plans for the week are almost complete, I decided to finish off another project piece. I am pretty sure I got this large . elemental about three years ago. It's a Reaper Bones model. I am not sure I would pay for something like this in metal as it probably isn't going to get a lot of use but for a good chunk under £10/$10 I thought it was worth while.
It has been sat around, primed and on a textured for about two years so it is probably about time I got around to it. There is a fairly simple paint job. Primed light grey and painted a mid blue. You can't really tell the mid blue is there after heavy blue wash. If I was doing it again I probably would put the original base colour down and just use the wash. Lower down the model and in some of the crevices but mostly on the bas I put on a heavy green wash. You can just about tell if you look hard enough.  Then there is an old GW paint, Ice Blue for a highlight. It really needed something to bring out the details and finally a white high, highlight.

4 comments:

  1. Cool model and a fantastic paintjob you did on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wouter. Reaper do nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Fred, it’s a fab model and a lovely paint job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. i really enjoyed painting it. Now need to find a use for it in a game.

      Delete