Followers

Monday 18 March 2019

End Of The Week - Insert Eyeroll Here (18)

The week started with a plan to paint eighteen 28mm miniatures. In the end I managed all of them. There was also a big guy in the "shape" of a water elemental. Finally I got some supply tokens done. some of the scatter terrain I have been working on is probably finished as well but I guess I will wait on that. There has also been a little bit of terrain done to. I have managed a game this week as well and it was even one I ran. Depending on how I wish to work things out I am now two weeks ahead of the plan for the year. This really has been the most productive phase I think I have ever had. The New, New Cruelty is satisfied.

These are a mix of odd figures. I think two, the man in brown and the, ahem lady in red are Crooked Dice figures which I think are supposed to be 19070s era. The man in Brown will certainly do double duty for the 1940s that I have done recently. The other two are a little more Victorian although they may well do for the 1930s.

Most of the weeks work has been done on what I thought was the last of the Viking/Dark Age stuff I have been doing for most of the last decade. Whilst doing some clearing up and prepping today I have actually have two more. Annoyingly there is one that I had even prepped, based and primed but forgotten about. Most of these were planned as Saxon farmers. As a GM I wanted an Op For that maybe the players could take on and win.
In the box were a couple of monks/friars. I enjoyed painting one of them, the other not so much. There is always the odd figure that I find almost impossible to paint and I will never be happy with. It's not through a lack of trying. At the moment I am looking at it and wondering where my hammer is.
Lastly there was one more Frankish warrior to paint. There is a load of shields to do for these now.

Today has mostly been about prepping for next week. The weather here has been too bad for priming for a while. The temperature has just been too low. Next week is looking pretty much the same until about thursday when the temperature is going to shoot up to a temperature that priming will be more than.

At the moment I don't know what I am going to do this week. It looks busy already so I doubt that I am going to make a lot of progress but I should hit my ten figures. At the moment I have nothing, well almost nothing, primed but I do have about eighty figures on textured bases waiting to be sprayed. All in need is for it to stop raining and warm up a bit. I will be happy if I get ten figures done and maybe finish a little terrain.

2 comments:

  1. Impressive, great show!
    Hopefully the weather will clear up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers again. It has been a good week.

      Delete