Followers

Tuesday 12 March 2019

Today Is A Grind - Embracing The Bugs

I never used to get bugs. In one of my former careers I used to get them all the time. This was down to the clientele. Over time I became pretty much immune to all forms of cold and flu and I didn't get one for years. Now I just catch them from kids. Insert eyeroll here. Even with every cold and flu remedy I can take in my system I still feel like hammered poop.
Between sleeping and complaining I have managed to do some painting. Maybe not as much as I would have liked. My head has been a bit fuzzy and there was the sleeping, the complaining and of course the eyerolling. That said, there is plenty of stuff that is getting pretty close to having a base coat of paint and I still have time to do a bit more work.

One tip I feel I can give is to keep it varied. Traditionally I have done a lot of batch painting. Ten pretty similar figures. If not identical in uniform at least pretty similar in period. When I do this for figures in irregular clothing I complain that they all look the same mainly because i tend to use a limited colour palette. I tend to find that changing colours seems to add time to the overall process.

What I have started doing recently is painting figures from a variety of eras. My output doesn't seem to have gone down. My interest is staying high throughout the week as I have different things to do. The range of figures I end up is more varied and I end up happier.

2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling, I was almost never sick before my oldest started going to the daycare. Incredible that you get anything done at all while being under the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have spent the last few days lying down and staring at the TV (and doing a bit of painting when I feel up to it). Still feeling better now so back to work.

      Delete