Followers

Monday 11 March 2019

A Mixed Bag Kind Of Week - For Figure Painting

This week I am hoovering up some more of what is hidden in the lead mountain including Crooked Dice, Gripping Beast, Crusader and what I thought was Ironclad but now I am not so sure. This is the last of the Viking Game stuff I got half  a decade ago and the rest rest is also about that age or a little bit older
This should put to bed the Viking project. The Crooked Dice figures I think were designed for the 1970s TV show concept but I figure that they will do for the 1940s Weird War 2. I did dally with the idea of Victorian skirmish games but the person I thought was going to get involved with didn't follow through. This seems to happen to me a lot. I buy stuff to play games with others who then play a single game, maybe two but generally don't play any at all. Still a friend of mine runs a game (intermittently) in that era and they might just do for the 1930s although they will look out of date for the 1940s.

This will put me at least ten figures ahead by the end of the week. At the end of last year I was lamenting the fact that I wasn't going to get much done. Now I am knocking on the doors of over achieving. With a following wind I will have managed to have painted as many figures this year as I did in the whole of last year.

2 comments:

  1. These figures look like a lot of fun to paint, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am really trying to mix things up at the moment to keep me interested and I am also enjoying putting a few projects to bed.

      Delete