Followers

Tuesday 30 April 2019

Endgame - End Of The Line - No Spoilers

My world is full of disappointment. Many of my long loved IPs have turned on me and left me feeling kind of blue. I'm looking at you Star Wars and Fallout. I guess everything has its time and will eventually fall away and loose it's impact. A few others crap out fairly quickly and some take a decade or more.
I have been following the Marvel Cinematic Universe since Iron Man came out. Although I have not loved every single film they have all been good in their own way. Entropy has been a terrible thing and I was expected it to fail and die eventually.

Last night I went to see Avengers: Endgame. The last Avengers film had set up a high level of expectation for me. I was concerned that the season had peaked too early. Endgame had a lot to live up to and there was obviously going to be a lot to fit in in a short time. Well I say a short time, it was three hours long. With many of the characters dead it was time to see what Disney were going to do. I mean how badly could they screw it up (yes I have seen The Last Jedi and yes that was sarcasm).

So I sat through the trailers wondering how good or bad things were going to be. I had been sat on the fence for a few days before hand.  So there I sat, waiting to find out.

Disappointment was not the word I would have chosen. It was a bit of a roller coaster in fact. The plot was good. the characters were the ones acting like the ones we know and have come to love. Triumph and tragedy is all around. Tony and Steve ae still at loggerheads but they manage to work through it. It almost managed to bring a tear to my eye a few times. It is well worth the money.

The only thing I didn't like was there was no easter egg at the end. I know there is a Spiderman film on the cards (I like the actor and he is the best Spiderman I have seen but it's still Spiderman) but the absence of the easter egg makes me wonder about the future of the franchise. This is more than ten years down the line and the actors may have aged just a little bit but I really love these guys.  I cannot help but think about what comes next and, being a true fan, I worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment