Followers

Monday 1 April 2019

Starting The Week And A New Background Project

This is going to be a week of fun. So is next week come to think of it. This leads me to believe that I might bite off more than I can chew if I am not careful.

The plan is to stick with another 15 figures this week. If I get 10 done I will be happy. Another mixed bag. Figures from about a dozen different manufacturers and nearly as many eras.
One of my old standbys is the idea of the background project. These are usually figures that have hung around for a while (5+years is usually a good point to start) that I kind of want to paint but have no immediate plan for. If I was being honest most of what I am doing is a background project if I stick to that rule. The real reason is that I don't like wasting paint. If I put too much paint on the palette it doesn't go to waste.
There is also a fledgling plan to do some terrain. One of my friends is trying to talk me into doing a post apocalypse skirmish game. I like the idea, P.A. is perhaps my favourite genre. The things is I an also thinking about his plan to play Hey You in the Jail, Zombies and Empire of the Dead. Whilst I have used some of the figures from these purchases they have never been for their intended purpose. Oh yeah, I forgot Flintloque. I have a pile of that stuff.  I am not trash talking them. I guess I must have done some of that myself.

This and the stuff other people have gotten me involved in has been niggling me of late.  If it's P.A. then I guess I don't care. I have no real money to throw at it at the moment so I will be doing everything on a budget anyway.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree, it's very easy to build some terrain for a P.A. setting: Broken equipment and toys are an excellent source, all you need is some cardboard for the bases. This can be a very cheap project if you want to.

      Love the line-up of miniatures you have ready to paint. There are some real gems in there.

      Delete