Followers

Sunday 24 February 2019

The End Of Another Week - The Catch Up Continues (25)

The New, New Cruelty is very happy with me this week. I have hit practically all my targets and exceeded. Obviously you are not too interested in most of them but as far as figure painting has gone I have done pretty well. Twenty five more figures down and set against the tally for the year. I would like to be at 80 and could settle for 40. Another two weeks of producing at this level would mean that I have caught up with wear I want to be.

At the beginning of the week I was starting to get a little discouraged with the Stormtroopers I wanted to paint. There is a good solid plan for these soI am relatively well motivated to pint them. White is not my favourite to paint. this time around I think I have managed a fairly good job of it. I am not saying that I couldn't put some more effort in and improve these but for now at least they are good enough. These have been painted for an RPG so I doubt i will be painting more any time soon although it looks to me that there will be plenty more Star Wars stuff in the pipeline. These are a relatively recent gift so to my mind haven't made a big dent in the mountain.

For most of the stuff I paint I have a solid and clear plan. With these Frank figures this is not really the case. When I got them they were, and still are, going to be bad guys. I think I probably brought too many. Still they were there and I wanted something to paint. The Frank models have been sat around for at least two years if not more soI am happy that brings them to my attention.

The week ahead sees another mixed bag. There are 14 28mm figures above and a few larger figures below that are my main queue. There are some primed Home Guard I could move on to and some Blood Bowl stuff if needed.

All in all things are on the up.

4 comments:

  1. Cheers. A little success makes me feel a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, great to hear you found a project to work on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will see how keen by the end of the week Wouter. I am not feeling the bizz this morning.

      Delete