Followers

Wednesday, 23 September 2026

Start Of The Wednesday

It's been a busy week and not the good kind of busy. Still here I am. Given the almost total absence of time poverty, I can't believe how far behind I feel. I can't even blame Skyrim.

Earlier in the week I got some stuff done. The Crusader Quar stuff is now based, textured and stuck together. This will fill in the gaps in force. Well most of them. I'd like some more individual units. Some artillery, high ranking officers and specialists, like a medic. I had thought I would be pretty close to done with these. 

I've moved on to the Dwarf and Elf Villagers. I would like them to fit in with what I have already. These have been focused very much on Viking mythology. So effectively light and dark. For the light elves I have already started a plan. These look like Saxons in blue with literally white skin. I've used metal stuff in the past. So I wasn't thinking of anything other than dark elves. What I have is actually designed as high elves but painted black with a minimal of purple with a lot of variety in metallic paint. I am thinking these will work.

The dwarves bring up an existing problem. I have about forty metal ones. Most are older metal sculpts which were done by Grenadier. Very much back in the day. I have been thinking about using the Oathmark range. Not to mention the long standing plan to buy Celtic and Roman dwarves
 from Checkpoint Miniatures. Despite what you might think, these fit better with my "Viking" world. The plastic is a much cheaper option. 

A while back I had wanted to do a project based on Titansgrave, the RPG. The plan had been to to be able to use figures with the rules. Which didn't really work so I progressed to the standard fallback, Savage Worlds. The project kinda died as I had problems finding suitable minis for the dwarves and elves. Some of these, with the Oathmark stuff might just work.

Then we are on to the Imperial Assault stuff. I'd really like to get these painted so I can get a game in. I am running out of storage for other projects, so I might try and use one of the boxes to store the minis. This may be an ordeal so maybe not.

This all needs priming. The plan is to do that tomorrow and hopefully start work on painting tomorrow evening. It will give me an excuse to sort out the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment