Followers

Friday 27 February 2015

I Am Not Spock (Anymore)

I've just heard that Leonard Nimoy has died. Almost but not quite the last of the crew of the Starship Enterprise. Perhaps the most talented of the cast although George Takei is pretty funny I haven't seen in him anything like as much as Mr Nimoy. His career was sadly dogged by the role and he suffered in the kind of roles that he got. He was a talented writer and director (Three Men and a Baby not withstanding).
Although I followed the other path, Star Trek did have affect on me when I was growing up. Spock had the ability to sit back from the emotional decisions which is something I think we could all be better at. If I be as funny as Leonard Nimoy, I would be a happy man. 

1 comment:

  1. Been a part of my life for so long, and it feels like a mentor has died.

    ReplyDelete