Wednesday, 15 October 2014


I have had a bit more time today but I have been dependant on glue drying so I haven't donr that much. The objective for the day was to get the block work of the roof done. I haven't got as much done as I would like. That said it is starting to take shape and it will turn into something worthwhile. Pity it's such an ugly duckling a the moment. I plan to make a space in the roof where it has completely collapsed so that there is a space for a few figures to stand up. So I have put some floorboards in. I don't want to put too many in as I have a really limited stock of them at the moment. I'll use some stirrers to make the eaves. Then I'll cover that in mounting card and then use thin card to do the roof tile.

The fact that I haven't made a lot of progress today is really my fault as I have mad a few mistakes. The biggest was putting the base of the roof upside down which meant there was not covered of some of the extension. This took a bit of time but at least the glue hadn't dried when I realised what I had done.

So I have been able to put right but others have proved impossible without starting all over again which is something that I am not prepared to do. The house is supposed to look rough so I am not that bothered.
It will look okay when it's finished. All I need is some more time, sand, stirrers, fence panels, flock, foliage, imitation water and a dozen bits of clutter. All of them (except the time) are stuff in boxes which I can't find, so I guess there might be a pause coming up.