I've kept looking at a couple of other projects. The first is already underway, which is the Quar. I might just have to rename it Quar Wars in my head. I'm not really wanting to start another army but I do want to finish what I have started. Which I am thinking comes get to £200. After this purchase.
As I was looking at another project, I thought I would get something else. To save on postage. Obviously. Duh. So the last thing to be produced for both armies was the cavalry. More like dragoons really. So a box of each was in order. Eight figures is an odd number for a cavalry box but then they are mounted and dismounted. I think this is not going to be enough, so I will probably pick up a half set of each.
As I say, I've been looking at the XCOM stuff. A lot more than is healthy. But whilst I was looking at that I also started looking at the Modiphius Paranoia stuff. Another miniatures game also using the 5 Core rules as their basis. So I got a good deal on what I ordered. I couldn't get the robots and the high programmer set seems to be a little bit expensive. So I will wait for a sale.
I've not had a chance to go through the rules yet, but I am already thinking about terrain. As it's set in a bunker, I am not sure I have a lot of terrain that will work. A while ago I was working on a set of laser cut sci finish corridors with the intention of also using them as bases. Something interlocking, almost like the stuff from Imperial Assault and Descent. There would be two layers of MDF. A base layer, to allow an interlock and maybe a slight change of layer underneath a textured layer. Need to have a think about this. How to represent a bunker on a three by three table? I wonder.
That's another 66 figures (by my calculation system) to add to the queue.
No comments:
Post a Comment