Not that much of a problem. Less about finishing and more about the plan. A fair chunk of stuff is now complete. So another ten were completed start to finish this week, the first of the Soviets. Then there are some dark age minis I picked up partly painted from a car boot. The guy who paints them like a silver blue metallic which I think would work really well for magic items. It just doesn't fit the vibe of everything else I have done. I wouldn't call it repainting but maybe everything has had a second coat. Seven Infantry and four cavalry makes a total of 15 minis in my mind. Not my best work but good enough for a mass battle line. I then went round trying to finish off anything on the bench. These Star Wars Legion Rebels have been hanging around for a little over two years.
I've had a quick reorganisation. I say quick, but I mean a fatigue bomb and putting stuff in boxes. The immediate plans are at least a little easier to access and everything in boxed together. The prepped and ready to go queue is looking a little light. I had some more stuff to put away after another trip to a car boot.
The Quar cavalry is now kinda, sorta on the bench. This is the excuse to "finish" the Quar project. I need a box of infantry and a frame of specialists for both sides (and that presumes I don't look at another of the three other forces available). I think I need to be looking at an order to Zombiesmith. There are plenty of options. Not to mention a vast array of STLs and vehicles.
The money is there I am wondering what to spend it on. I like the Quar, so much so I am almost a fanboy. In terms of queue, I have about three months that is either prepped or purchased and ready to go. This is on top of another three months of stuff still in kit form. Throw in the fact that I will probably overthink and over commit to XCOM next month, my paint queue is not a short one at the moment.
This put me on a spectrum like odyssey. I am picking figures (not miniatures) out of the air here. So this is looking like the plan. If I give myself a target, it might help right? There are a few plans I would like to put in play. Hobbits and celtic dwarves have been in the mental backroom for a few years now. No pressing need, but I wanna.
Added to this is the Trench Crusade stuff. This is the current background project but is getting a little bit of love every week. I can see some of the Star Wars Legion stuff and the BattleTech mechs taking over this role. It currently sits behind a box on the bench, just far enough out of sight that I don't feel too guilty about it. There is probably more Legion stuff to do. I can see a few of the newer kits making it into the plan. Maybe I should finish what I have first. The drawer full of stuff, the mercenary box sets and the snow speeders.
XCOM is on the horizon. It's top of my personal Hotness list. This is likely to jump the queue when it arrives. So I should probably order it. I am waiting for the money to fall right at the beginning of September.
No comments:
Post a Comment