Followers

Thursday, 13 August 2026

A Sign

I took my daughter out to watch the eclipse last night. She complained about it, a lot. She did do a lot of handstands though. She didn't think it was going to be worth it. I missed the last decent one in the UK, so I wasn't going to miss this one. She didn't see the point.
During the complaining I pointed out that she would be in her seventies when the next good one came around and that maybe she would remember this moment with me. This was followed by more handstands.

There was basically one cloud in view. Which was right in front of the sun. I kind of got the hint of the moon on front of the sun. Seriously, if I hadn't known it was happening, I would not have noticed it. I managed to get my daughter to look at the cloud for a few moments. Then she went back to doing handstands.

Parking was chaos, but you know the very British kind. Queues with someone organising them. I had picked a good place on top of a hill. Just like everyone else.

It looked a lot like twilight. This would have been pretty impressive at noon. As I was somewhat late in the day, I guess it wasn't that impressive. So I was left thinking that the day she gets to see something closer to a real eclipse, she will probably have forgotten about this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment