Followers

Wednesday, 5 August 2026

Accidents Will Happen

Sounds like a cue for a song.

This model originally had wings. And a tailfin. And engines for that matter. Not to mention wheels. The first one I got even had some but not all of them. This one was always destined to be a wreck.
So far I have cleaned off the clips that hold the bay doors open. Now I have to figure out how to keep the pod bay doors closed (Hal). There were also some mounting points for the wheels. The things you can do with a mini tenon saw.
The plan is to fill in some of of the gaps. I think I am going to take a mold of some of the tail fin from the other model. This should make it look like it was ripped off. There is a plan to cover the voids where the wings were with plasticard or, more likely, some clear plastic packaging (I think I have some stuff that is up to the job. 
Just above the wing void are some hinges. These look like they will be tricky to remove. Not impossible but a pain. So the plan calls for the voids in the hinges to be filled and I will use some plastic tubes to cover the long void rather than filling it in.

This looks like it will need a fairly big base. I want it to look like it crashed so I want the base to have skid marks. Currently thinking I will have it sliding sideways.

It needs a better clean. Probably with alcohol. Then some gentle sanding. This should help with the adherence of the paint.

This is not the biggest project ever. I have another one, which I want to set up as landed. I have a rather large ARC fight, some obscure version of a TIE fighter and a U Wing coming. I am hoping to turn the U Wing into a landed ship. The TIE fighter has scrap terrain written all over it. Maybe one of the panels will end up on the floor. The ARC fighter looks big. I need to have a look at it. Maybe it will work if I take the wings off. More scrap piles and another piece of flooring.







No comments:

Post a Comment