Followers

Sunday, 26 July 2026

End Of The Week - All About Progress (10)

I have been begging for rain for a few weeks. Britain has been close to a state of draught for some time. There were only really three hours this week that I didn't want it to rain. So of course it did. And only then. This has been the metaphor for the week.

So the goal for the week was paint ten minis. British NBC figures from Athena Miniatures although the casualties came from a different set. All done and I am quite happy with the outcome. I've even had a chance to tinker with what is coming next week.
I have been playing a few rank and flank games lately. Midgard being the main one. I have a vast number of dark age minis. Mainly created for role playing purposes, so mostly on 2p or 25mm sized bases. This works for me as I can create sabot bases. 
There is quite a lot of work involved here. I wanted them to match the colours on most of the figure bases. There are seven colours here, which took some time. Gluing everything together took some effort too. I think I need about twice as many as I have finished her. More will be in the works.
I've also had a chance to muck around with some terrain. A lot of glue and sand is no more. The texture on the bases of the gabions and cheval  de frise are finished. The wattle fencing has had some glue and sand added to strengthen the models. The plan is to put some texture paste along the edges before I start painting them all. As this is mostly wood colour, the actual painting process should be relatively easy. 

As a renaissance gamer, I couldn't resist putting a quote from Ozymandius onto hex terrain. Not sure which biome I am going to use yet but it's a good bet it will be desert) badlands. Makes me smile when I look at it. Should probably be in hieroglyphics. Oooh. Another project.
There is some Star Wars terrain in there too. Along with the gabions. There is more of this to come. Well it was cheap. Something for the future.
This is not bad progress. Speaking of bad progress, Summer (holidays) is coming. Well actually it's here. So I am not sure how things are going to play out on the mini painting front. Still, I will be having fun. My hopes for the week should be manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment