Followers

Tuesday 8 April 2014

A Busy Day But Nothing Finished

I've done lots of stuff done today, but finishing anything proved to be impossible. I have done a little bit of figure painting but I've spent more time painting bases. I spent a lot of time digging out some old kobolds which I think are going to be my next project.

As part of finishing of the dwarves, I painted their bases. Then I foolishly got some sand out to do a base. Then it didn't stop. Anything on the tabletop that needed sand n the base got a dusting, The few that have dried even got some paint. It started with the Kobolds, then moved onto a few Vikings some sci fi stuff and finally some zombies. When I get the urge to do some basing, I tend to go for it in a big way as I hate doing it. I might get something finished tomorrow but as I have parents evening, I doubt I will get much time to do anything.


10 comments:

  1. I know this feeling all too well mate.

    But sooon the last will be done and you can bath in the glory an satisfaction of finishing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess whilst they are on the workbench at least I can admire them. I guess they all end up in a box sooner or later. I need a purpose to get them finished.

      Delete
  2. Ah, I do basing en masse as well, it tends to get dirty and sand is everywhere so best to go large and rarely :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to work with a plan to make it easier. I should put sand on the bases when I glue the figures down. I am debating pinning figures to the bases, will cut down on the amount og glue on the base.

      Delete
  3. That's a wonderfully busy table you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy is good? You don't get to see the pile of junk next to the bench. I am not a completer finisher more of a shaper/initiator.

      Delete
  4. You have been very busy! I do things the same as well do them in batch's takes away some of the burden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy or too much time on my hands. I am hiding from my other half, its easier..

      This is probably a bad thing.

      But at least I am getting stuff done again.

      Delete
  5. I might have to make that my explanation for when I turn up with figures that don't have texture on the bases,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I buy a lot of resin bases now and drill the legs.

    ReplyDelete