Followers

Thursday 3 April 2014

The Walking Dead Is Over...For Now At Least

This may be another finger on the pulse moment.

Another season over. Another Sseven or eight months to wait. This season has had a few detractors but to me, this is what the comics and I guess my view of the world, post zombocalypse, would probably be like.

There isn't much of the original cast left, four of the above and Carl with a few hangers on. I wonder how many are going to make it through the first few episodes. I doubt they will get rid of Eugene despite him looking like he was built for the cooking pot. His storyline is to entertaining for him to be served up with a salad. In the comics, Abraham also has an interesting storyline and I kind of like to see the actor come back as a regular. Most of the regulars still have a fair bit of plot left so they are probably safe. so I guess it's going to be one of the other minor characters.

I liked the bit in the prison in the first half of the season. You could see the peril coming. Who would end up killing more people, the Governor or the flu. Would there even be anyone left for the governor to kill and stick their head in a jar?
There was a nice bit at the end about where the pigs came from making the flu outbreak all their fault.
With the death of Hershel (which was a great loss for the story and pretty inevitable) the groups moral compass died. Hershel had the best attitude to what is going on although maybe not as practical as Carol. That said adjusting to the realities of the world you find yourself might just keep you Alive long enough. We still have Mr Everyman in the form of Rick who seems to go from shell shock to kick arse quite rapidly. I suspect that's what most people would be like.


Where the got really good for me was when they went on the road. Carol shooting Lizzie was perhaps the most powerful single moment in the series. Come to think of it, I am struggling to remember another moment on TV that had me on the edge of my seat like that. The episode Still, that featured Daryl and Beth was pretty good. Daryl is starting to go down a great story arc.

Still, someone has to go. The Walking Dead wouldn't be the show it is without a few dramatic deaths of main characters. As you can see from the picture from the end of season one below, lif expectancy is not good.

What about the next season? Well "after dinner", will the Governor be coming back? I certainly hope so. You can't beat a good bad guy, in this series at least.
  
Anyone with specific recipes or serving suggestions for any of the characters, please feel free to make a comment at the bottom.

2 comments:

  1. Here, here! I love this show, although there is a part of me that would like to see them go out on a high rather than run the risk of ever increasing gaps between plot developments. That said, I couldn't agree more about the the Carol/Lizzie moment - really disturbing and brave.

    Daryl remains one of my favourite characters, but Michone is proving a real asset to the show. I envisage a brutal last stand for Maggie and Glen, sacrificing themselves for the group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idead what is going to happen next. The plot is starting to vary from the comics, so all bets are off.

      I guess I will have to make do with Game of Thrones for a bit.

      Delete