Followers

Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Hump Day - RIP Tim Curry

It's been a long day and I got to the bench late. But I did get there. Although I didn't get a huge amount of surface coverage done, I got three more colours done. So I. Terms of painting the plastic, about a third of the way through. There are probably four or more colours on the base but these will take a little less finesse. Everything is still on track 
I was saddened to hear about the passing of Tim Curry. A local lad for me and he grew up down the road from my dad although I suspect the two moved in different circles. I noticed some posters of him in town yesterday. Frank n' Further has caused me a few problems over the years. I may explain it to you if you know me. Don't get freaked out by the an.....tici....pation. Quoting the character has gotten me into trouble more than once. Using the phrase "you got caught with a flat, how about that" sounded innocent enough when I said it his portrayal of Darkness was amazing. I've evoked that character many times.

It's been a good day. Having my daughter around makes me smile and she is apparently happy about it too. I will get back to work proper after she goes tomorrow. I've managed all of my targets for the day. So a win all round.

My thoughts about the future are all over the place. I see some changes in the next year or so. I am also looking at the bench. There is a new English Civil War era wargame from Osprey coming. I've had various ideas about Witchfnder type games over the years. Not least of which is using The Silver Bayonet and replacing the men of Wellington for those of Cromwell. I mean a musket is a musket right? I might also get drawn back into Sludge as I have a few units missing from the roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment