I have been doing a thing lately. It started here really. A while back I started setting myself a target again. In all honesty the bar has been pretty low. Back in the day I was painting thirty figures a week. When I was painting anyway. Despite an increase in available time, this total has dropped significantly. Yes I know I tried to put that number up yesterday.
So I started using this in day to day life. With the little things. You, like food. Reading has also been a bigger part of my life recently. I managed two books last year and I am up to four. Reading has been given me headaches if I do it for too long. Reading is something I have always loved. I used to read two or three books a week so about temwrnty five times what I read at the moment. That's at a minimum. So whilst not approaching the heights, if I could get it to a book a month I would be happy. That's a much greater page count than I can manage.
An ex made me read High Fidelity and more pertinently, Bridget Jones's Diary. Whilst I have no plans to own big pants, the character does try to keep track of things like cigarettes smoked and alcohol consumed. As I don't smoke and I know ten year olds who drink more than me, keeping track and setting goals helps. I've seen it help me. Maybe it can help you.
Today has been pretty full on. I don't normally get to the bench until late but tonight was especially late. I have just got to finish the one colour on the figures for the week. So definitely some progress.
Tomorrow is looking even more full on. I should probably be in bed by now. It is looking like it's going to be a fun day. Maybe I get to the bench and maybe I don't. The end of the week is looking clearer. Ish. So I remain confident that I am on target.
No comments:
Post a Comment