Followers

Sunday 10 February 2019

End Of The Week - The First In A While

I have been wanting to post for a few days now as things start to be changing around for me. Over the course of the last few weeks I have been decrappifying my life. To date I think I have filled up the car six times with stuff that seems to have been taking up space in my home. Some of it belonged to my parents but it would be a lie to blame it all on them. There have been a few things I think I will miss but to be honest I think that there is very little that I had an emotional link to and the amount of stuff I have been keeping just in case I need it was getting crazy. Still, I don't feel like a hoarder just that I don't like throwing away things I might use some day. Maybe this explains why many gamers have mountains of stuff in boxes for games they are never going to get round to playing.

Last week I went to Vapnartak in York. At the moment I am not flush with cash but I did manage to come away with a few bits and pieces which have also given me the urge to get things moving again. Couple this with the fact that I am running an RPG at the moment I guess there was not going to be a better time to start painting again.

It is not that I have been doing nothing. A few weeks ago I was working on putting some Stormtroopers together. Along the way I started a few other projects that I didn't post about but I should do something about that in the days to come.

Some of the stuff that has gone has been furniture. This has allowed me to find a space for a workbench again. Whilst it isn't the ideal space (whatever is) it is better than what I had before which was round about nothing.  I am just grateful for a chance to paint again. It has almost been a year since I painted anything and I have been missing it badly.

There is still a lot of stuff for me to do. Not least of which is find a job. My sense is that I am definitely on the up at the moment. The clearout has lifted some weight from my shoulders and reminded me of what I have. As well as the painting I have found some XBOX games so I will hopefully find the time to play some of them as well.

With all of the good stuff I have to say I am thankful for the support that I have gotten and this has been instrumental in getting things done. Hopefully I will be looking back at this post some day and remember why I was thankful.

Maybe I need to be looking back at The New Cruelty and revisit what motivates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment