Followers

Saturday 15 May 2021

Robots

My bench is currently full. It's mostly full of paint and part finished projects. There is a fair amount of space dedicated to what I call the grey legion. These are figures that have taken the time to prep, glue to a base, cover the base with sand, prime and allow to be covered with dust.

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty that have made it as far as work in progress. I found some old figures that I thought I could upgrades little with all that I have learnt over the years, so technically they have been WIP for thirty five years. Still they are mostly at the stage where they still look a bit crap.

So the perfect thing to do was start to paint even more figures. So being geared up for Stargrave I decided to go back to the post-apocalypse. I think you can use robots in Stargrave too, but I didn't find that out until after I'd finished them.


Copplestone castings is one of my favourite miniature makers. I recall adding a few things in to make a price point. One of which was a pack of robots which were quite like Terminators. Rather than pairing them as shiny death machine I thought an aged look would fit my post-apocalypse better.

So here we are. A quick and dirty paint job. Looks fine to me. A few more bits to do, washes, varnish and a bit more debris on the base and they are done



4 comments:

  1. The grey legion covered in dust, now there's an image that could start a story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The figures frequently tell the story for me. People are stunned by the shiny (or dusty in this case). Often just better to show rather than show don't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look cool. I have these for a 7TV project but I can't decide on colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Classic terminator or go for the cylon vibe. Make the look shiny

      Delete