Followers

Sunday 9 February 2014

Dark Age Buildings For The Viking Game

I already own quite a bit of dark age terrain but you can never have enough can you? This is my current temporary obsession and I have no idea how much longer this is going to last. I didn't set out to buy any more but this is mainly because I have a of of bits to paint already but when I saw this stuff I thought what the hell. So when I saw some stuff by Gripping Beast last week at Varpantak in York I thought what the hell. Most of the stuff I have was by PMC which is now owned by Caliver. This is pre-painted and fairly pleasing on the eye. Compared to this, the Gripping Beast stuff is expensive. That said the old PMC stuff is now a lot more expensive than it used to be.
They were quick enough to paint. There isn't too much in the way of creative choices to make here. They have been inked and I am still trying to figure out whether or not I want to highlight them. They have a nice period feel but I still think I prefer the PMC stuff.

2 comments:

  1. There are rather splendid, lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Don't think they are that good but they will do the job nicely enough

      Delete