Some good stuff too. I've spent a couple of afternoons with friends. Talking shite, but entertaining shite. Then there was some time with the much loved relative.
This was always going to be a bad week for painting. I have looked at brushes but haven't actually picked one up. I decided that instead of painting I would do some prep. The plan did not get as far down the road as I originally hoped. Not the end of the world.
I did a bit of comfort purchasing. My guest did most of the shopping last week so there is a bit more money to spare. For my money I got a couple of Imperial Assault villains at a very reasonable rate. So I now have an angry jawa and and angrier looking tusken raider on a bantha.
An order arrived a few days ago, massively overdue but not a bad price. Most of this was Quar related. More infantry, cavalry and specialists for the Crusade. On the picture these are next to the ones I've already painted. I need to remember which gaps in the TOE should be filled.
Some twenty foot containers and finally some elf and dwarf villagers. I need to figure out what I am going to do with them. Perhaps I need another frame of the regular villagers for a bit more variety. All of these and the Quar Crusaders out of the box and attached to a base with heads and arms needing to be attached.
The plan had been to base prep and prime, so texture on the base before I get the rattle can out. I feel like I have been at it all day and got nowhere.
Going forward I still want to finish the Soviets. A similar ideology to my Americans, whereby if I lose I don't feel bad. This is really a nice to have. As I am halfway through the the extant project (I probably need some more to cover my options, only one more box, and half a dozen weapons, and some trucks, and tanks, and armoured cars).
I now have a lot of Imperial Assault minis. This is the new shiny and will probably be the first out of the traps next week.
Quar was the previous shiny. There are twelve dismounted cavalry and probably another twelve mounted cavalry by next week along with about thirty moee infantry.
Looking at what's on the table there is a lot of random crap. In general the plan is to finish the prep and prime process ready for winter. This is already a lot to work through but the plan calls for more. A lot more. So I think the week ahead will involve more glue. texture and primer. Maybe I will get to painting mid week and I will aim to finish another ten Soviets. This may morph into stormtroopers.
I am now going to wind down and raid some more chests in Skyrim.
No comments:
Post a Comment